Sunday 12 February 2012

On the street

This may also be part of the Inside Out Project – it was at the same site in Woodstock and is also a black and white photograph pasted up – but it’s not a close-up portrait like the others and this little boy is much younger than the students from Hout Bay High. Perhaps it’s by one of the kids but not part of the original project.

It caught my attention anyway – just like I seem to have caught this little man’s attention too. There’s something quite grown up yet vulnerable about him, in his jacket that’s just a little too big and missing his shoes. Yet his look is as enquiring of me as I am of him.


And this too was on the same disused building. It's by Cape Town street artist Faith47. It looks to me like a baby elephant – collapsed, dead? Almost dreaming – or perhaps in the middle of a nightmare.


To find out more about Faith47: http://www.faith47.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment