Monday 6 August 2012

Glimpses

I used to think my work wasn't pleasing enough – that it would never be chosen to go up on display in the foyer at school – and it often wasn't. And once, when we had a visitor to the school, it ended up in the darkest corner of the room – behind the art room door! (However, since figure drawing only ever involved fully-clothed models and any nudity – or semi-nudity – in our art works was frowned upon, I can only smile at the memory and appreciate that it was put up at all).

Well, there's no nudity here – just some glimpses of the kinds of things I found beautiful, startling, powerful and, I hoped, just a little bit defiant when I was growing up.


1 comment:

  1. isn't memory a funny thing, I remember your work as beingthe best I had ever seen from a girl at school, yors were mostly my favourites. I was paging through our book the other day, and was reminded just how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete