Thursday 5 April 2012

Rewind

There’ve been a whole bunch of Eighties bands and singers in South Africa this summer – Rick Astley, ABC, Howard Jones, Go West, Nik Kershaw, Marc Almond, Midge Ure, Sting – even the Village People (who’ve been around since the Seventies!) joined this ‘rewind’ to that decade.

I think some of these guys are getting a bit long in the tooth to still be playing their old hits – again and again...

But I do still love a lot of the music from the Seventies and Eighties because I grew up to it.

I recently pulled out some of the first cassette tapes I’d bought – only to find, of course, I had nothing to play them on.


So I thought I’d look on YouTube for one of my favourite bands – and videos – from the Eighties. 

It’s dated and cheesy but I guess it’s just the kind of thing an 11 year old would dream of...

No comments:

Post a Comment